Critical Reflection 1: Module & Project Learning

At the start of this module, my goal was to be much more confident when conversing with other people. I tend to be shy and not project my voice clearly. That is why I need to step out of my comfort zone and initiate conversations and speak confidently. Another goal of mine was to improve my language skills so that I can improve on writing skills. Needless to say, I had to buck up and use appropriate vocabulary and grammars. 

Throughout the 12 weeks in this module, I have achieved my goals as the activities we had in class were beneficial to me and I was able to use the knowledge taught to improve myself.

There were so many activities such as reading aloud in class, writing summaries and readers response, presentations. 
The reading-aloud in class was the key activity that boosted my confidence. I had to speak up and read a passage to the whole class. At first, the feedbacks given by my peers and prof Brad were that I was really soft. That was why, I set aside my shyness and bravely read a passage that was given by my prof, loudly. Writing summaries and readers response were the other key factors that helped me a lot as I was weak in writing sentences with proper English structures. Overall, I really enjoyed the time spent throughout this module as I know that I have improved a lot since the first week. 

Mid through the trimester, my team, Team Car-go Electric, and I developed a project that will benefit SIT at Dover campus. Our project emphasised on the improvement of air quality that will benefit the students and staff. We went through thorough primary and secondary research and discussed the advantages and limitations. 

At a point, we discovered there were numerous limitations especially on the part of installing our product to a boarding location. However, with our vivid teamwork, we developed counter solutions pertaining to the limitations. 

All in all, I am glad to be in Team Car-go electric as we were able to fit into one another strengths and weaknesses. We were able to communicate effectively even though there were points that we could have done better such as bond as a team more often. If we were given another chance to work together as a team, I will gladly agree. 


Comments

  1. Dear Munirah,

    Thanks a lot for this final reflection I appreciate your effort with providing a highly detailed reflection for this assignment , your good work in your team's project and your positive attitude toward learning with the module in general.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts